What is the Nordic Catalysis Society?
We are a nordic association for people and companies interested in catalysis.
The main task is to arrange The Nordic Symposium on Catalysis every two years.
We also arranges summer schools in catalysis as needed.
The board consist of 8 members, two from each country.
The society is represented with two members in the European Federation of Catalysis Societies.
Since 1988 the Society has arranged 18 Nordic Symposia:
- 1988 | First Nordic Symposium on Catalysis | Lund, Sweden
- 1989 | From Micro Kinetics to Reactor Design | Lyngby, Denmark
- 1990 | Catalysis and Environment, Catalysis in the Nordic Countries | Espoo, Finland
- 1991 | Model Systems for Heterogeneous Catalysis | Trondheim, Norway
- 1992 | Catalysis and C1-Chemistry | Lund, Sweden
- 1994 | Catalysis in the 21st century | Hornbaek, Denmark
- 1996 | Synthesis of catalysts, Kinetics and mechanism of catalytic reactions | Åbo/Turkku, Finland
- 1998 | From fundamental catalyst studies to industrial applications | Oslo, Norway
- 2000 | Environmental Catalysis, Catalysis in the Nordic Countries | Lidingö, Sweden
- 2002 | ”Bridging the gaps in catalysis” | Marienlyst, Helsingør, Denmark
- 2004 | Catalysis for a Sustainable Future | Oulu/Uleåborg, Finland
- 2006 | Energy and Environmental Catalysis – Catalysis in Nordic Countries | Trondheim, Norway
- 2008 | Environmental catalysis and catalysis for sustainable energy solutions | Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2010 | Topics ranging from industrial catalysis and biocatalysis to fundamental studies of catalysts and mechanisms | Gothenburg, Sweden
- 2012 | Catalysis, Northern Europe and Baltic Sea – Catalysis of Renewables | Mariehamn, Åland, Finland
- 2014 | From fundamentals to industrial application | Oslo, Norway
- 2016 | Surface science and catalysis for sustainable development and the use of large scale facilities for catalysis research | Lund, Sweden
- 2018 | 18th Nordic Symposium on Catalysis | Copenhagen, Denmark